Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pumpkin Carving

Today marks the first (of many I presume) pumpkin we have carved as a family. I can't believe I never did it before this year! Oh wait, yes actually I can. Ever since Jackson cut himself with a knife a few years ago I tend to stay VERY clear of him + sharp objects.
This year however he is more in-control of his actions and understands what it means to hurt himself and more importantly, how to prevent it. For these reasons I thought it'd be fun to move into pumpkin carving.
I obviously did the heavy lifting and Jackson supervised...
James on the other hand decided pumpkin carving was NOT his bag and asked me to leave him on the couch so that he could work on chewing up his brother's dinosaurs while the cub was being distracted...
BUSTED James Davis. Put the dino down...
Back to the carving. Jackson was over it as soon as he saw the mess it made. Much like myself (YES!!!) Jackson does NOT like messes. They disgust him and gross him out. He is very neat and very organized and very regimented....sound familiar? 

Sometimes his neatness works against me though, as instances like this where we must stop what we're doing to clean up....
James remained un phased by the way...
 Day 2 of pumpkin carving. This time I told Jackson it'd be fun to finish our project and make a GHOST!!! Well, it worked. OF course, because as I mentioned, he is obsessed with ghosts. He picked one out on my phone and we went with it...
 JUST like the picture right? Well, I did my best. It's no Michelangelo, but it'll do. I'll get better next year!
 James was asleep by the way, I asked him to once again participate and he just rolled over in his crib and said, "MEHHHHHH".

Enjoy the masterpiece! 

No comments:

Post a Comment