Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Little J's in the Big D

This last weekend we were in Dallas because we had another wedding (I know family, we have a ton of them and there are a lot more in the future, so just get used to it). I mean, we were also there because Jack had to work. See not all fun ;)

Anyways, Friday Jack had hearings all over Dallas County so I was stuck car less at the house we rented. It was in a pretty 'happening' part of town though so I thought I'd venture out with the boys in their stroller. 
The places we went to were not as close at they appeared so it did take me longer than expected to get from one location to the next. It was quite the adventure let me tell you! First up, coffee with dinosaurs. 
Then some park fun. Until we saw a homeless man sleeping on top of the slide....
Needless to say we packed up and headed home straight away. We thought it best to stay home as later my friend Angie came by for dinner and she said this area of town was actually still working out it's kinks. Nice way of saying, stay home and lock the doors right? 
Per usual the boys were spoiled. Home made breakfasts, lunches, dinners and their very own beds and rooms to stay in. They are some lucky kids man. Kicking their parents out of beds is their favorite past time ;). 
The next day Jack joined us in our adventure and we were ever-so-thankful to have him back. We took the boys to the Dallas Arboretum to check out the Children's garden. The installation is incredible. Something out of Disney World's Tomorrow Land. 
 It's beautiful and the cubs (both of them) LOVED it. They were SOOOO engrossed in their surroundings. I highly recommend it for anyone with littles.
 
 Of Course Jackson asked where the dinosaurs were. There were none, but we pretended that these bird eggs were dinosaur eggs and so we spent the majority of our time here...
Just look at this boy! He is getting SO big and SO vocal and I am SO in love with him :). 
 I love this one as well but you all knew that ;). 
 Yup, still here with the 'dino eggs'. Even time for some vogue-ing. 
We finally left after about 20 minutes and explored the rest of the grounds. 
 There was even a tree house! 
 James said it was lame and he'd prefer to be left alone. This kid is something else let me tell ya. 
 We finished our visit with some yummy lunch and then headed home so momma and dada could enjoy their wedding.
 Overall a good visit to Dallas. There was so much more we wanted to see while in town so I'm thinking we'll be making a visit again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment