Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Canoeing

Doesn't it look like I messed up the spelling on this title? Canoeing is a funny word but I promise it's spelled that way (I double checked). Anyways, that's just what we did this past weekend for a short burst of fun. 
Between Jackson's birthday party invites (2 in one day...exhausting!) and Jack having to work all weekend we only had about a minute of down/family time. So we decided to rent a canoe! 
It was something Jackson thoroughly enjoyed and when it gets warmer, we'll take him (and soon Dos!) out so he can jump in the water--which after all is what he wanted to do the whole time. If it hadn't been for the ducks I'm fairly certain he would have done it too. 
Incidentally, our poor cub has recently become terrified of all feathered friends. I can't say I blame him as he's been bitten by geese, chased by ducks and most recently witnessed his mom almost get her finger bitten off by a hungry parakeet in Guatemala. All traumatic events leading to his fear of fowl. Sad, I know, but it kept him the canoe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment