Sunday, July 17, 2011

Busy Bees

This past week was quite a whirlwind for the boy and I. We started off the week visiting with Dr. Diaz-Davalos in San Antonio because Karla was feeling a bit lonely and we thought she needed some cheering up. We went up Tuesday, spent the night there and drove back early Wednesday morning because daddy missed us. While waiting for Karla to get out of work we decided to take a dip in her awesome complex pool because it has a 'beach' that dips into the pool itself and there are loads of umbrellas to keep us safe.

This was a last minute decision so I of course didn't have a bathing suit, floaty, or even a swim diaper for poor Jackson so I just put him in his regular diaper. Since I am usually unprepared during our swim adventures this happens to me on a regular basis and I don't know if any of y'all have ever measured the amount of fluids a diaper can actually hold (if you have, get a life...seriously) but you'd be surprised. I now thoroughly enjoy putting him in regular diapers during swim time because the diaper ends up so saturated that it creates what I call a 'diaper bomb'. When we are home I like to throw these 'bombs' against the siding of our house. I think its hilarious. Jack just thinks I'm weird. meh.

If you ever get REALLY bored I suggest creating your own diaper bomb they are fun! but I digress...Thursday we cleaned house and got ready for Gigi to come visit, she stopped in so that we could head out early to Houston the next day. Jackson was so excited to see her that he asked if we could wait on our doorstep for her...

We packed up all our stuff and were ready to head out to Houston Friday afternoon but not before Grammy and Jackson's great-grandaddy stopped by for a visit. He had a blast playing with his great-grandaddy and Grammy brought him back the coolest hoodie from Jackson Hole, WY that he is excited to wear this fall/winter. I'll save that picture for a later post because it still fits him a little big, but its SUPER cute!

When we finally got to Houston Friday night we were exhausted and hungry and as we all sat down for a delicious family dinner my mom asked if she could give the boy some soup from the beans that were made. I told her that I thought it would be ok thinking he would spit it out like he does all of his other savory foods but guess what?!?!? THE BOY LOVES BEANS!!!!!


Can you believe this? Of course my family thought this was hilarious and said that he truly is Latin.

Saturday my dad watched the boy while I went to my sister-in-law's bridal shower and Jack went on a St. Arnold's brewery tour. Jack came back with his brother Stephen so Jackson got to hang out with his uncle Stephen for a while as well.

Annnddd Sunday as we were leaving town we stopped by to say hello to Jackson's friend Collier and his parents. I absolutely LOVE seeing those boys together, they are too cute.

When we finally got home we were able to catch the last of the women's USA soccer team match and Jackson got in the spirit by chewing on a soccer ball that was intended for his brother, Chaucer but now we've deemed it as the boy's. Jack and I like to think that if the boy is truly Latin then he WILL be unbelievable at soccer. Besides God didn't give him those thunder thighs for nothin' right?

No comments:

Post a Comment