Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Dada's Birthday

Jack just celebrated his 33rd (he's ancient huh? :)) birthday yesterday and we had a good time ringing it in. 
For his birthday Jack told me he wanted to do something outside with his friends (which is usually his request) and he didn't want to think or make any decisions because he has to do that every other second of his life. 

Makes sense. Jack works hard, like really, really, really hard and while I wish he would kick back and take it easy a little more often, it's just not in his nature. In this respect he reminds me a lot of my dad. I don't think either one of them will EVER retire...but back to birthdays....

I planned for an evening dinner at an Indian restaurant followed by drinks downtown with his nearest and dearest. He didn't know where we were going, who was coming or what we were going to do so Jack just came along for the ride. 
Clearly everyone had a good time and what's more?! Jack's brother, Stephen came into town! It would have been a complete surprise but Jackson, the best secret keeper in the world (read; NOT at all--he's SUCH a snitch) let the cat out of the bag. 
No matters though, Jack was just as happy. For dessert I ordered some tiny pies and brought them along with us to hand out to our guests. Jack isn't a fan of sweets, cakes or cookies but LOVES pies so he was pleasantly surprised. 
 We had a great time and I'm thankful to our friends and Stephen for making it out...
 For his actual birthday we had a small celebration at home. Jackson and James are HUGE fans of birthdays around here so they were SOOOO excited to sing to Dad with another birthday pie!

SOOOOO excited in fact our poor James wore himself out early and missed the party entirely :(
Poor bear cub, he really tried to push through but just wasn't having it so we thought it best to put him down so he could get the rest he was so longing for. 

The rest of us enjoyed a yummy steak dinner (prepared by yours truly...I know, I'm such an amazing wife :)) champagne, and of course....pie! 
I even got Jackson on video telling Jack he loves him. It was such an amazing birthday gift for Jack because Jackson usually only ever tells me he loves me and in fact told Jack the other day that "no one loves you dada, we just love mama". It was sad, but hilarious. Needless to say, I'm so thrilled I got it on video ;) 

Jack said he loved every second. I truly hope you did sweetheart, you SO deserve it. Happy Birthday Doll :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment