Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Inner Space Caverns

Sunday we surprisingly had nothing going on so we decided to take a trip to the Inner Space Caverns in Georgetown off I-35. 

When Jack and I went to Southwestern we were told never to go to the Inner Space Caverns or the candle factory across the interstate because we'd never graduate from the University. Like the good Pirates we are, we heeded the warning and steered clear for a good 10 years for Jack and 8 years for yours truly. That's right, we graduated from college A LONG TIME AGO folks. Getting old is awesome. 
Jackson was excited to go the these caverns because he thought dinosaurs lived here. I  have no idea what gave him that idea, but we went with it. Do you see the dinosaurs in these pictures? No? Well we sure did pretend! 
 
There were LOTS of bats though! I was convinced we were going to die of rabies from bat bites. NOT a fan of the flying rats....
 James was awesome--I did have to feed him while taking a walking tour (new trick for me!) but we managed and he stayed quiet for the remainder of the tour.
 If y'all don't see the dinosaurs its because they were sleeping in the back part of the caves where the light wasn't shining. I know, I know, Jackson missed them as well!
 Overall we had a fun Sunday morning and Jackson at least pretended to have a good time. Honestly we learned a lot about the geographical area and where all these caves lead to/come out of so I'd say it was worth it just for that alone.
 And the best part of our visit? This super cheesy picture we got (and paid for) of our family of four. I SWEAR to you we didn't plan to all be wearing coordinating colors and didn't even notice it until our photographer pointed it out. Yea, we felt kinda winning after that....

No comments:

Post a Comment