Sunday, September 8, 2013

1st Day of School X 2

This year Jackson will be attending two different schools. Thus the two different '1st days'. I knew it would be easy going. We've been talking about school starting up again for months now and that he'd be going to the same old school and a brand new one. 

His first day at St. Theresa's was great. He loved his new teachers, his new room AND he got to see his  old teachers who were ecstatic and waiting to say hi to him! He's kind of popular (no, seriously) and everyone at St. Theresa's knows about Jackson so they were so happy to have him back. 
We even got right back to our routine of going to church after I pick him up. He likes to go the 'iglesia y rezar' after school gets out. It's really sweet and we make sure to pray for everyone in our lives and thank God for everything he has given us. 
I was pretty fearful of his second 1st day of school as it was at a new location, Tarrytown United Methodist Church. It's farther from our house, with new people AND he will be napping here. I know, scary. Turns out all that fear was for nothing. 

We walked right into his classroom and I said, "Ok papa, portese bien, I love you so much" to which he responded, "Mama, I'm ready, bye. I love you sooooooooooo much". My heart broke....
...his apparently did not. He had a blast, per usual and made a whole set of new friends. His teachers of course already love him. One of them happens to be from El Paso and speaks Spanish so we lucked out in that department as well.
While he didn't take a nap his first day, his teachers did inform me that he sat on his mat and had quiet time which is more than anyone could have asked for.

I think he was confused as to why he wasn't sleeping in the dark, in his queen sized bed, with his sound machine, books, flashlight, night lights, mai mais, and 20 stuffed animals. Going to bed for this kid is quite the production. I did my best by having a dinosaur nap mat, a special blanket and 3 mai mais for him at school, but I guess it wasn't enough. Oh well.
Jackson, I'm so very proud of you. Your personality, ease and outgoingness gets me every time. You really are our 'big boy' and we cannot wait to see you grow and learn through these years to come. Just please, take your time lion cub :)

No comments:

Post a Comment