Friday, November 30, 2012

Mexico...Minus Uno

After Thanksgiving we decided to hop on a plane to Mexico for a friend's wedding in Merida. I desperately wanted Jackson to come along with and had full intentions of him doing so but the truth of the matter is he would have been cooped up in a hotel room for the majority of the stay with some nanny I've never met before. Not ok. In this case Jack was right, we were better off leaving him behind in Kingwood with my aunts/uncles/tata/cousins. 

It takes a village to raise our boy, and in this case he got just that. His main 'conservators' were my Tia Sheila and Tio Ito whom he loves and trusts completely. I lost it (of course) when I left him but he didn't seem to mind a single bit and instead lined up all of his cars to play with my cousins Alex & Nikko as my Tata watched on. 

Everyone assured me he would be perfectly fine and most importantly, they had a slew of events planned for our cub. While away, I of course called WAY too many times but my aunt was always on point and answered every.single.phone.call. and was constantly updating us with pictures. In my book--perfect babysitting. 

Jackson had a blast in his huge luxurious bubble baths...
Was enamored with Duke & Duchess (who he still talks about daily)...
And even got up close and personal with a few jetliners! 
He was in heaven. These were just some of the events this boy got to partake in. I was told (and shown) he got to spend time with my Tia Brenda, Tio Swami, cousins, Swami & Danny and all the neighborhood kids/adults my family are friends with. He was given a whole LOTTA love during his stay and we are forever indebted to my family for watching over him. I know, he is most definitely a handful, but he's our handful and thank you guys for loving him just as much as we do!

And the wedding? Perfection. It was nice to have a family vacation and in such a beautiful location! We've promised to take Jackson back so that he doesn't feel as though he missed out on anything. I really did feel guilty the entire time. He's excited to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment