Friday, February 21, 2014

Field Trip!

On Valentine's Day I was asked to be a teacher at Jackson's school because one his teachers was going to be out for the day. I of course hesitated, thought for a minute of an excuse, couldn't think of one and then agreed to do it. Story of my life. 

It isn't because I'm not capable, it's simply because I'm not patient. The 2 ounces of patience I have in this world belong solely to my boys. So I'm always worried to be around other people's children. 

Turns out my worries were for nothing though. These kids are used to being told what to do and follow directions relatively well. Good thing to because it just so happened to be Jackson's very first school field trip! 
The kids were set to go to the Post Office that morning and were so excited to send off Valentine's that they had previously made. They geared up by having snacks first...
They washed their hands, went to the bathroom, each one asked forty-six questions and then we headed out the door!
Thankfully a lot of the mom's volunteered to show up during the time of the field trip so it just so happened that every child had a mom...phew. I was SO worried about crossing the street with other people's kids!
AND thankfully I got to hold my own kid. Jackson LOVED having me as a teacher and has asked me to be his teacher every day since.
Once there the kids were of course over zealous with stuffing their mail down the postal shoot.
And then they started getting a little crazy around people's private boxes. I had to tell them that, "tampering with other people's mail is a federal offense". They looked at me like I was an alien...
I took this as an opportunity to take a class photo. I'd say it came out pretty good...
From left to right: Joshua, Luke, Jackson cat, Maeve, Clayton and James Fox. What a cute bunch huh?
I'd say the kids had a ball and the moms and teachers thoroughly enjoyed the journey as well. As for myself, I don't think teaching is in my near future but it was fun to pretend....for a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment